Deadline: March 15, 2015
It is our pleasure to announce an open search for a new Field Editor for Latin American and Caribbean Studies. We encourage applicants from all geographical and disciplinary areas, with a preference for the humanities and social sciences.
The field’s founding editor, Jennifer Lambe, will henceforth be devoting her full energies to her new role as Senior Managing Editor. She is looking forward to passing the baton to her successor, whom we trust will steer the field in new and exciting directions.
All details about the application process follow below.
– Senior Staff
Dissertation Reviews is seeking a dynamic, early- to mid-career scholar to join our team in the position of Field Editor for the popular series Latin American and Caribbean Studies Dissertation Reviews.
As a Field Editor, you would collaborate closely with the editorial staff to develop our Latin American and Caribbean Studies series. Specifically, you would:
– Work with editorial staff to learn about recently defended dissertations in your field
– Liaise with dissertation authors and reviewers in your field
– Draw upon and expand your knowledge of the field in order to pair dissertations with appropriate reviewers
– Serve as the public face of Dissertation Reviews within your field/discipline/area
– Collaborate with your fellow Dissertation Reviews editors in other fields to help continually improve and enhance the overall project
All early- and mid-career faculty, post-doc, and advanced PhD students in the humanities and social sciences are eligible to apply. As the the ideal candidate, you are:
– A scholar with robust training in Latin American and Caribbean Studies (we welcome applicants working on all time periods, disciplines, and regions)
– Committed to the development of ever more dynamic, collegial, and innovative scholarly communities
– Enthused by the idea of becoming more informed about current, cutting-edge research in your field
– Responsible and reliable
– A professional, consistent communicator
– An active member of your field’s scholarly networks (i.e. conferences, listservs, etc.)
Application Items & Deadline
Please email us at email@example.com with following items:
– Brief Statement addressing:
– the field/discipline/area you are applying to help develop and edit
– how and why the scholars and scholarship in this field would, in your opinion, benefit from and contribute to the Dissertation Reviews community
– how your own background and credentials speak to the eligibility items listed above
– CV (2 pp. or less)
– Deadline for Applications is March 15, 2015
To make the process of developing and managing a branch as smooth and efficient as possible, all Field Editors in the DR team receive robust support from the editorial staff. Please note that all editorial positions at Dissertation Reviews are unpaid.
To learn more about Dissertation Reviews, our editors, and our contributors, please click on About Us.
Image: America newly delineated / by Jodocus Hondius; engraved by H. Picard. A 17th-century map of the Americas. Courtesy of Wikipedia.