Deadline: March 15, 2015
It is our pleasure to announce an open search for a new Co-Editor for our popular Japan Studies series. We encourage applicants with a specialization in literature (any period) to apply.
All details about the application process follow below.
– Senior Staff
Dissertation Reviews is seeking a dynamic, early- to mid-career scholar to join our team in the position of Co-Editor for the popular series Japan Studies Dissertation Reviews.
As a Field Editor, you would collaborate closely with the editorial staff to develop our Japan Studies series. Specifically, you would:
– Work with editorial staff to learn about recently defended dissertations in your field
– Liaise with dissertation authors and reviewers in your field
– Draw upon and expand your knowledge of the field in order to pair dissertations with appropriate reviewers
– Serve as the public face of Dissertation Reviews within your field/discipline/area
– Collaborate with your fellow Dissertation Reviews editors in other fields to help continually improve and enhance the overall project
All early- and mid-career faculty, post-doc, and advanced PhD students in the humanities and social sciences are eligible to apply. As the the ideal candidate, you are:
– A scholar with robust training in Japanese literature (we welcome applicants working on all time periods)
– Committed to the development of ever more dynamic, collegial, and innovative scholarly communities
– Enthused by the idea of becoming more informed about current, cutting-edge research in your field
– Responsible and reliable
– A professional, consistent communicator
– An active member of your field’s scholarly networks (i.e. conferences, listservs, etc.)
Application Items & Deadline
Please email us at email@example.com with following items:
– Brief Statement addressing:
– the field/discipline/area you are applying to help develop and edit
– how and why the scholars and scholarship in this field would, in your opinion, benefit from and contribute to the Dissertation Reviews community
– how your own background and credentials speak to the eligibility items listed above
– CV (2 pp. or less)
– Deadline for Applications is March 15, 2015
To make the process of developing and managing a branch as smooth and efficient as possible, all Field Editors in the DR team receive robust support from the editorial staff. Please note that all editorial positions at Dissertation Reviews are unpaid.
To learn more about Dissertation Reviews, our editors, and our contributors, please click on About Us.
Image: Kakunyo making the Shinran den’e. 重文『慕帰絵詞（ぼきえことば）』〔部分・行状絵を制作する覚如〕 南北朝時代・観応2（1351）年 京都・西本願寺所蔵. Collected by the Nishi Hongan-ji, Kyoto.