We are now accepting dissertations for review for our 2013-14 season. If you are a recent PhD and are interested in participating, please go to our Request Review page.
If you are interested in acting as a reviewer, we have a new Become a Reviewer page! If you have recently resurfaced from the archives or re-emerged from the field, and wish to contribute a Fresh from the Archives or Talking Shop article, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fancy helping out at Dissertation Reviews? Drop us a line on email@example.com and tell us about yourself!
Some of you curious souls have asked what the statistics look like for Dissertation Reviews. Here they are!
- We welcome on average
1,0001,500 visits per day in 2013.
- Most of our articles are read 1,000+ times.
- In February 2013, we broke our record with 1,700 visits in one day.
- As of
AprilMay 2013, we have surpassed 240,000250,000 visits.
- Most visitors read between 2 and 3 articles per visit.
- Most of our visitors come from North America and Europe, with large representations also from India, China, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia.
- Most of our visitors come from New York, London, San Francisco, Boston — and a good number of Berliners and Hong Kongers too! Guten Tag and 食左飯未呀?
- Since the launch of our smartphone format in October 2012, we have had 20,000+ visitors who used their mobile devices to read Dissertation Reviews on the go.
- A lot of you found us on search engines via the following keywords: “Dissertation Reviews,” “China Dissertations,” “Wartime Japan,” “Science Studies,” “Archives Review.”
- From October 2010 to March 2013, we have posted 400+ reviews and articles.
- By the time the 2012-2013 season finishes in June, we will have posted 300+ reviews and articles.
- This translates into 500+ participants (dissertation authors, reviewers and contributors to our articles) in the 2012-2013 season.
- From the launch of the site in October 2010, we have involved 800+ participants. Many of you tell us that you have developed new friendships and partnerships.
- We enjoy a 90%+ completion rate. Thank you so much for all your hard work!
- We have published around 70 Fresh from the Archives and Talking Shop articles.
- Our Fresh from the Archives articles covers L’viv to Xi’an, Tashkent to Tokyo, Bethesda (via Bratislava) to Beijing, College Park (via Chennai) to Chongqing… Our latest addition will be Xalapa, Mexico.
- By the way, it is only April 2013, but we already have 200+ reviews and articles being sorted out for the next season!
- We have at present 27 editors working in 21 fields; there will be more to come!
- We have 80 advisory board members, and with more to come!
- We communicate daily with around 2,700 friends and followers on Facebook and on our various Facebook groups.
- We have 1,300+ followers on academia.edu.
- We have 700+ followers on Twitter. We promise we will tweet more!
- We have close to 500 email subscribers who receive articles from Dissertation Reviews directly in their inboxes.
- Leon Rocha’s (our Managing Editor) Dissertation Reviews email traffic as of April 2013: 8,000+ emails received and sent. (Sometimes he even reads them and he will get back to you ASAP.)
- Tom Mullaney’s Dissertation Reviews email traffic as of April 2013? 25,000+ emails.
We are Dissertation Reviews.
Image: Word cloud for the Dissertation Reviews website, created with Tagxedo.